Monday 18 March 2019

Profetubers_ex (diario de aprendizaje 3





First of all, and bearing in mind I love music, I use songs from You Tube in my classes. In November or so, I ask my students to write the title of a song they want to hear. It is incredibly easy to find videos of songs in English. You can even find covers and features of most of famous songs, which is a great advantage in English teaching. Sometimes, I take some words that I put at the end of the song in alphabetical order so that they put them in the right place after watching the video.
 You tube has not only songs, but grammar quizzes, explanation of some aspects of grammar, examples of how some words are pronounced, topics for conversation and many other things.
I use most of these videos depending on whether the students belong to That's English or they attend the classes regularly. With the basic level students I mostly use the pronunciation videos, because they want to know how the words are pronounced and with the advanced levels, I use the grammar videos,  the listening comprehension or the speaking ones.
Besides youtube, there are plenty of other pages that offer audio or video like elllo or the British council page. I try to use them often since they provide students with real conversations which help them to improve their pronunciation, intonation and listening and speaking skills.
I forgot to mention that in our school we make use of eScholarium, which is a platform that on the one hand can be used to show our students what we have done in the previous lessons, and on the other, to do interactive activities that assess their learning progress or it just creates a relaxing atmosphere that fosters their involvement in the teaching-learning process. 
In my school there is also a radio project: (radioedu) and some of my colleagues record some of the activities and send them to the radio in the form of podcasts. I am not part of this project because with That's English groups and the groups of students that come regularly (six in all) I am pretty busy, but I would like to be part of it in the future. 
Of course most of us use the smartboard and and other TICs in order to prepare our lessons and also so as to make our classes more entertaining and dynamic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment